Sign Up for our Email Newsletter
ARTS MOUNT HOLLY HOSTING NEW EVENT
June 6-8, 2019
Our newest committee, Arts Mount Holly, is hosting a Plein-Air event June 6-8, 2019. Local and regional artists will capture the beauty of Mount Holly!
Sponsored by Your Foundation and a grant from Community Impact Fund.
Check out the Arts Mount Holly Facebook page, and we will have more details soon…..
Thanks to Our Sponsors and Participants! Run Mount Holly 2019 completed on a beautiful sunny morning.
All results are posted on racesonline.com
- Overall Male Runner: Josh Tierney
- Overall Female Runner: Angela Lorzelli
- Grand Master Male Runner: Tom Katsuleris
- Grand Master Female Runner: Barbara Wheeler
- Overall Male Runner: Ryan Bohr
- Overall Female Runner: Christy Lee
- Grand Master Male Runner: Mitch James
- Grand Master Female Runner: Dianne Allen
Please continue to support our sponsors!
Title Sponsor: The Pointe Church
River Run 10K Host: Adam Lee – State Farm
Start Line Host: Oblinger Family Dentistry
Finish Line Host: Rhino Wealth Management
Awards Ceremony Host: American & Efird LLC
Advertising Champion: L & E Properties
Foundation Friend: Top of the Line Cleaners
Foundation Friend: Michael, Elting, & Anders, PLLC
THE FROGS SAY THANK YOU FOR COMING OUT TO CHILIBREW! We will be making a donation to the City for the Greenway Amenities soon….
- Jeff Kaylor – FIRST PLACE – JUDGES CHOICE
- Stephanie Haynes
- Johnny Painter
- Joshua Anders (absent due to emergency hospital visit!)
- Ricky Winchester
- Karen Kleiner
- Kristen Huggard
- Caryn Kay & Kim Bunting
- Lee Bolton – FIRST PLACE – PEOPLES CHOICE
- Secret Nana – served by Marsha Michael
Mount Holly Mayor Bryan Hough & Chad Hutcheson, owner of String Bean restaurant, Belmont
- Carolina Spine Center PC
- Duke – Your Cause
- Stanton Enterprises
- Rodney Williams & Freida Mauney
- Phyllis Harris
- Ruth Neely
- Moose Pharmacy
- Michael, Elting, & Anders
- Mount Holly Grill
- Rick & Missy Connell
- Dolores Pearson
- Bright Star
We’re working on this year’s parade now – Coming up this fall!
THANKS FOR COMING OUT TO SEE the MHCDF FIRST ANNUAL LANTERN PARADE
The Lanterns were terrific! Purrcussion was a fabulous lead-off. The Gaston County art teachers and students did a wonderful job on their lanterns, and the professional artists made some outstanding lantern creations. We appreciate all of their participation. Here are a couple of photos, but keep posted for our drone video coming soon….
GREAT JOB EVERYONE – Here are the winners!
- 1st Place: Phoenix – Teresa Rench
- 2nd Place: Snake – Nancy Sauser
- 3rd Place: Flower – Pam Goode
- Gaston County Art Teachers and their students:
- Ida Rankin Elem – Abby McLaurin
- East Gaston High – Justin Allison
- Cramerton Middle – Linda Weigert
- UPIC Health
- Gaston Arts Council
- Mount Holly Community Development Foundation
- Awaken Gallery
and our in kind sponsors:
- City of Mount Holly
- Farmers Market
- Arts on the Greenway
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!
GREENWAY UPDATE – construction is completed (opening delayed due to Duke Energy)
Here are some photos of the recent construction. We will keep you posted on the ribbon cutting for this 1.2 mile paved section of the Mount Holly River Greenway System. Your Foundation has partnered with the City of Mount Holly on this project.
EVENTS AT FARMERS MARKET
Market Opening Again in May
Mount Holly Historical Society
Museum is open on Saturdays from 10 to 1, and there is a free program on the 4th Tuesdays of the month.
Ribbon Cutting Attended by Large Crowd
About 75 people were present to witness the ribbon cutting and despite the inclimate weather the sun peaked out. Very exciting occasion, and more to come!